Xbox is quoted as the ‘gaming hub’ for the gamers, as you not always gonna need a console to play the Xbox games, instead a computer or laptop is perfect to go with. The Microsoft gaming brand works easily when connected to the pc for raising the pc gaming soul.
And if everything going smoothly, there’s always some bug or lag that interrupts the gaming mood, and in Xbox gaming, you get that too. Windows 10 users have reported a lot of trouble while changing the Xbox controller option to player 1 as the primary gaming profile, which lets the gamers play their Xbox games on pc.
However, on connecting the Xbox controller, the controller option gets changed to player 2, which serves the connection as ‘error’ and the user cannot play his/her games peacefully. So here’s the guide to resolve this error and to change the Xbox controller to player 1 in windows 10 os. Let’s jump in…
How To Connect Xbox Controller To Windows 10
- Simply grab the controller and install the Xbox pc emulator into your pc/laptop
- To connect wireless, turn on the Bluetooth in your pc and pair it with the Xbox controller by holding the connect button for about 3-4 seconds
- To connect with a wired connection, simply plug in the cable to the USB 3.0 port of your laptop
Methods To Change Xbox 360 Controller To Player 1
Restart The PC
- Restart your system & make sure before getting turn on, you must have plugged in the controller wired
- As soon it boots up, you have to search for the connection with the controller
- If it all goes well, the control option will be changed to player 1
Use Control Panel
- Open Control Panel
- Under the Hardware and Sound section, click on View Devices and Printers
- There should have two Xbox controllers, consider deleting/disconnecting the one labeled with ‘Player 2‘
- Now plug in the Xbox controller and start gaming.
Using Device Manager
- Open Device Manager
- Look for Human interface Devices
- Disable the option called ‘HID-compliant game controller‘
- Now plug in the controller to the USB 3.0 port
You may also like-
- How To Charge Nintendo Switch Without Dock 2021
- How To Switch Profiles On Hulu App
- How To Listen To Music While Swimming
As we move towards the newer versions of os and consoles, things ain’t be the same and easy. Things get complicated and you indirectly receive a box of errors.
The same error could be examined in this Xbox controller, however, the methods shown above have helped to get rid of this small error. If it’s still causing trouble, let us know in the comments section below.