Multiplayer gaming has always been challenging on consoles. Whether you’re talking about unavoidable subscription charges or complex networking, consoles always seem to be on the wrong side. A new problem is bothering Roblox players: Error Code 901 (Authentication Error). This glitch makes the game almost unplayable on Xbox consoles, and many players need help logging in to their Roblox accounts.
There is a page on the Roblox website which contains all the errors. There is an accurate description of the error references. There are reasons why this happens. Fortunately, we have found many reliable solutions to fix Roblox error code 901. There is a page on the Roblox website which contains all the errors. There is an accurate description of the error references. Box easily. So, let’s explore them now.
What Causes Roblox Error Code 901 on Xbox?
Before we look at the solutions for error code 910 on Xbox, we need to see what causes this problem on Xbox. So let’s check all the standard error causes before going to the solution. According to player reports and the official error guide, error code 901 appears only for Roblox players on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S. This usually recalls authentication problems between your Roblox and Xbox accounts. Most of the players encounter this error code in the following situations:
Signing up for a Roblox account:
Roblox stops Xbox users from signing up for a new version due to connectivity issues or issues with player usernames.
- Username must not include inappropriate words or phrases.
- Usernames should not include personally identifiable information (PII) such as first/last name, phone number, street name, address, etc.
- The username should be a minimum of 3 and 20 characters, use only alphabetic characters (A-Z, 0-9), and contain only one underscore, not at the end of the name.
Linking Gamertag to Roblox
: Error 901 prevents users from connecting their Xbox Gamertag to their Roblox account due to network or moderation issues.
- Log into your Roblox account with a different device on your home Internet LAN
- Once you have successfully logged in from your computer or phone, try logging in to your Xbox One using the same home-internet network.
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 901 on Xbox in seven ways?
There are various solutions to fix error code 901 and make Roblox work. We recommend that you go through them in order until one of the solutions works for you.
Roblox Server Status
When Roblox’s servers undergo maintenance or experience unexpected downtime, it can cause many errors, including error 901. You can use the official Roblox Status webpage (go here) to know if the servers are fully operational. While the server is down, the best you can do is wait for the server to come back online. However, if it is entirely functional, one of the other solutions might work for you.
2. Use a suitable username.
According to the official guidelines, this error 910 can occur when creating a new Roblox account on Xbox if your username is inappropriate. So, make sure that you follow these guidelines to avoid mistakes:
- Never include wrong words or phrases in your username
- Your username should not contain personal information, including real name, phone number, street name, address, etc.
- Each username must be a minimum of 3 characters extended and a maximum of 20 characters
- Username characters must be alphanumeric (A-Z, 0-9).
- You can also include an underscore (_) in your username. But this should not be the end or the beginning of it.
3. Account Moderation
Your Gamertag may moderate specific actions and words in Roblox (username for your Xbox account). In simple terms, moderation means a temporary ban that Roblox can enforce if a user or their username violates the guidelines. This prevents you from creating a new Roblox account using an Xbox Gamertag. Fortunately, you can solve this problem with the following methods:
- Ne:w Gamertag You can create a new Xbox account without a moderated Gamertag. This solution will allow you to create a new Roblox account without problems.
- Appeal Moderation: If you feel that your account has been wrongly banned, you can file an appeal on the Roblox support page.
- Duration of Restraint: Most bans within the Roblox system are temporary. You can locate your moderation message and then wait until you are unbanned.
4 . Update Roblox
You need a reliable internet connection to update your game from the Xbox Store. Keeping the game up-to-date ensures it’s primarily bug-free and prevents glitches from occurring often. Sometimes, Roblox error codes can appear if your game is not up to date.
5.. Uninstall Roblox and reinstall
If updating the game doesn’t work, your main game files may be corrupted. In that case, you need to uninstall Roblox and all its files and reinstall it to get rid of error code 901. Fortunately, Roblox stores your account data in the cloud, so deleting the game won’t affect your progress. Also, here’s how to reinstall Roblox on Xbox:
- First, you can go to your Xbox’s “My Games and Apps” section.
- Next, select Roblox and press the Menu button on your controller to see a pop-up menu appear on your screen. Then, you need to choose the option “Manage games and add-ons.”
- Finally, use the “Uninstall All” button to delete Roblox from your device.
- If Roblox is removed, you will have to reinstall it from the Xbox Store. Alternatively, you can find it in your library’s “Ready to Install” section or install it remotely using your Microsoft account.
6 Reboot your Xbox
Almost all of our other fixes focus on Roblox as the leading cause of the 901 error. So, let’s ensure your Xbox and its processes aren’t limiting Roblox by rebooting quickly.
7. Additional corrections
If none of the other fixes works for you, here are some simple solutions that might work to resolve the 901 error, and you may use these.
- Internet Connectivity
- Restart Roblox
If the error still exists. Then your IP is banned by Roblox. This is not normal, and there is little chance of the IP being banned. Try accessing Roblox from different internets. You can change your MAC address.