Many WhatsApp users have already been shifted to Signal or Telegram, some are still thinking to shift but are bothered about their chats which are still remaining in WhatsApp servers. A lot of WhatsApp users don’t know how to delete those chats that’s why in this article, we will share how you can delete all your personal chats, group chats, etc completely from WhatApp permanently.
How to Delete WhatsApp data from WhatsApp Server
- First, Open the WhatsApp application on your phone.
- Go to Settings>Chats>Chat Backup. There check whether you have taken the backup of your chats.
- Then, Open any file browser/file manager on your device.
- And go to Internal Storage>WhatsApp>Databases.
- There, select all the backup files and delete them.
If you also have backed up your chats with Google Drive and want to get rid of them then do this additional step:
- Open the Google Drive app on your phone.
- Then, click on the three-bar menu and open ‘Backup’
- Once done, you will be able to see the WhatsApp backup file. There click on the three-dot menu and delete the backup file.
After all the above steps are done, go to WhatsApp and again take a backup. This ensures that the earlier backup taken will be replaced by an empty chat backup and since the Google Drive backup has been also deleted WhatsApp cannot retrieve your chats.
That’s it! Your files will get deleted from the server from the WhatsApp server. Now you are free to shift to Signal or Telegram without worrying about your chats in WhatsApp.
Note: Once the chats have been deleted, they cannot be brought back.
TechIHD is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@TechIHD) and stay updated with the latest headlines.