Sony’s PlayStation console bought tons of improvements in the video gaming environment, which made the gamer’s skills more worthwhile. Despite the latest version of PlayStation, the old ones are still compatible with the gaming devices in comparison to controls and features.
One of the oldest and the most popular ones, PS3 has that capability at that period which created one more reason for the gamers to keep it.
And if you have still that ps3 controller and somehow looking for a way to connect with the later versions of it then you’ve come at the right way.
Well in this tutorial we are gonna show how you can use your PS3 controller on your PS4 video game console. As they are made in two different time circles, so it’s obvious that officially there is no way to use the ps3 controller on ps4.
However, in this techy era, we have got some ways to make such things work and you have still a chance to turn your old controller into action.
So before jumping into the working way, let’s first know why you cannot use a DualShock 3 controller on a ps4 console.
Why You Can’t Use PS3 Controller On PS4?
Officially PS3 or Dualshock 3 Controller is not supported by PS4 due to its advanced features (e.g- trackpad, share button) and compatibility. The best way to answer this by looking at functions and doing a comparison of both of these controllers.
For example, the ps3 controller has got a mini-USB port while the ps4 has MicroUSB in it. From such differences, we can assume that the old controller isn’t compatible with its upgraded console.
So what options you’ve left to make this ps3 controller workable on ps4? the answer is using the ‘controller converters’. These controller converters are specifically made adapters whose work surrounds changing the functions of the
old existing controller to a working environment.
So in this tutorial, we are also gonna use one special controller converter that will be useful for your ps3 controller to work on the ps4 console easily.
Trick To Use A PS3 Controller On PS4
First Step: Unpair PS4 Controller
- Connect the PS4 controller to the CronusMax Plus adapter using the provided mini-USB cable
- Plug the CronusMax Plus into one of the PS4 console’s USB ports (2.0)
- Turn on the PS4 Console
- Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth devices.
- Select DualShock 4 controller from the list.
- Select Forget Device from the list on the right.
- Select OK and disconnect the PS4 controller from the CronusMax Plus
Second Step: Install The Adapter On PC
- Connect the CronuxMax Plus to your PC using the USB cable
- Download and install the free Cronus Pro software
- Open Cronus Pro, then select Tools > Options
- Select the Device tab, select the box under Output Protocol, then select PS4
- Check the following options: ✔️ Enable remote control of slot on each device, ✔️ The device will remember the last active slot when restarted, ✔️ Inframe Out, ✔️ 1ms Response
- Under Rumble Over Bluetooth, select DISABLED from the dropdown menu
- Select the CMax Plus tab, then select Enable PS4 Partial crossover support
- Select Close to exit the window and unplug the CronuxMax Plus from your PC
- Plug the Cronusmax Plus back into your PS4 console
- Connect your PS3 controller to the Cronusmax Plus with the mini-USB cable
- You can now play games on your PS4 using the PS3 controller
You may also like-
- How To Connect Xbox One To TV Without HDMI Port
- How To Switch Profiles On Hulu App
- How To Share System Sound On Skype
PS4 or later versions have got some advanced functions that work on the specific controllers only. Trying to connect old hardware with newer software, sometimes be the trickiest part.
And you have seemed that in this post about connecting ps3 controller with the ps4 console. Anyways, if you have followed the above steps one by one, then I guess you’ve got your time to play fabulous games on your ps4 console using a Dualshock 3 controller.