Founded in 2009, WhatsApp is a complimentary, multi-platform messaging app allowing users to make voice and video calls, send text messages, share their position, and better use a Wi-Fi connection. This app is appealing because it operates on various phones (Android or Ios) and computer operating systems so that you will restart your chatting anytime and anywhere. With Whatsapp, you can also make one-on-one or group calls, reducing the requirement for expensive calling expenses. Keep reading to learn about WhatsApp with new features if this is exciting.
Common Flaws Of Whatsapp During Video Calls
WhatsApp is undoubtedly the most common and widely used messaging app worldwide. It always turns up with several unique new features and enhanced privacy policies.
WhatsApp gives the group admins more control over groups and communities. One of WhatsApp groups’ most concerning and significant security problems is that anyone can join a group using the invitation link. To avoid such problems, WhatsApp has developed new features to solve this problem. From now onwards, group admins will have better control over those willing to join their groups. Being capable of communicating and interacting with people with similar interests makes the WhatsApp group chat function one of its most popular features. Hence, WhatsApp added Communities and is expanding its privacy capabilities to give admins more control over groups or communities.
The New “Approve New Participants” Feature
Earlier, anyone could join the WhatsApp group using the group invitation link. This became a privacy issue for groups with intimate and confidential conversations. The new update focuses on the “Participant participants” feature.
This feature lets the group admins control those who can enter the group chat and those who cannot. Even if an outsider has the group link, they must wait for their approval to enter the group chat.
Creating A Group
You can easily create your own WhatsApp group by following the given steps.
- Go to WhatsApp, tap on more options, and click on a new group.
- Then click on New chat >New group.
- Choose the preferable contact that you like to add to the group. Then tap the green arrow icon.
- Enter the group name. This will be the group name that the participants can view. Group names cannot be more than 25 characters.
- You can add a cute emoji to the subject or group name.
- You can add a group image by clicking on the camera icon. You may choose an image from your images or take an instant picture and set it as your group image.
Inviting People Via Links
- If you are the group admin, you can invite others to join your group using the group link. The admin can reset the links anytime to make the previous link invalid and create a new link for your group.
- Open the group chat, then tap on the group subject.
- Then tap More options > Group info.
- Then, tap the invite via the link.
- Please send the link via WhatsApp, copy it to people, or send the QR code.
- To reset the link, tap Reset link> RESET LINK.
Approve New Participants Feature
Enabling the “Approve New Participants “Feature on WhatsApp Groups.
This new feature is handy to the admins of groups and communities. This feature helps you ignore the individuals you didn’t invite and don’t want to join your groups or community.
By following the steps given Below, you can easily enable this new feature:-
- Firstly, go to WhatsApp Messenger and tap on the group in which you want to enable this feature.
- Now go to the group info of that particular group where you want to enable this feature.
- Then go to the group settings option and tap on it.
- Now, go to the “Approve new participants” option and tap on it. It will be set to off by default.
- Next, tap Approve New Participants and the On option from the pop-up to start the admin approval element in WhatsApp.
Now the group admin has complete control over who can join and who cannot.
How can you Approve or Deny Participation Requests in WhatsApp Groups?
It is time to learn how this feature works now that you can enable the Approve New Participants setting in a WhatsApp group. The following is how admins can approve or deny users from joining a WhatsApp group.
- Before diving into the approval procedure, quickly see what users see who gets the group invite link when this feature is facilitated. Once you click the Join Group button, you see a pop-up notification with the “Request to join” button. It also contains the text “An admin must approve your request.
- Moving to the admin’s device, you will have a notification that says “pending request” when anyone likes to join the group via the invite link. Click on this notification to review the requests of the individuals willing to join your group or community. Select the group’s name to proceed to the Group info and scroll down further. You locate the “Pending Participants” part and tap on it.
- On this screen, you can quickly agree or disagree to join the pending participant as you prefer. And the work is done. The WhatsApp admins of a respective group now have total control over who can join a group and who can not.
Back in the year 2011, WhatsApp introduced group chats. Over the years, the system developers of WhatsApp have changed how people participate in group chats and introduced several new features. Recent news, according to WABetaInfo, the standard messaging platform (WhatsApp)is rolling out a fresh approval feature for group chat admins.
This feature is now accessible on the recent version of WhatsApp beta for Android and iOS, and the fresh feature makes it simple for group admins to handle participants in a group chat. When the feature is turned on, the users will notice a message in the group chat suggesting that new participants must seek approval from the admin before entering. They can join the group even if they have a group invite link. This feature has made WhatsApp group chats more secure and private.